Beach "Port Launay North Beach"Mahé
The numerous different watersport activities, including kayaking, canoeing, sunset cruises, and scuba diving make this beach a unique prospect compared to some of the other Seychelles beaches.
- 415m x 25m - many visitors, mostly from the nearby Constance Ephelia Resort
- Shallow water that gradually deepens - seaweed from June to September
- Small waves - calm ocean surface
- Popular beach in a Marine Park on Mahé
- Great for a range of activities
At a Glance:
- Beautiful sandy beach located in the Port Launay Marine Park, near to the Constance Ephelia Resort.
- Calm, shallow water means the beach is great for couples and families alike.
- Easy-access via the nearby road with rental car, taxi, or bus.
- The restaurants of the nearby resort and some small local shops ensure guests can spend a whole day here if they wish.
- Extensive rental options ensure there are plenty of chances to try something new, including kayaking, scuba diving, sunset cruises, and fishing trips.
- Ample shade provides protection from the sun.
Port Launay Marine Park can be found in the north-west of the Seychelles’ largest island, Mahe. Containing a number of beaches and small offshore islands, the area has plenty to offer in terms of beauty and intrigue. Thankfully, Port Launay (North) doesn’t disappoint, and lives up to this billing with gorgeous scenery, calm, shallow water, and plenty in the way of activities and attractions. The beach is especially popular with guests of the nearby Constance Ephelia Resort, who can easily reach the sand on-foot. However, guests coming from further afield will have no problems getting here thanks to the nearby road. Here, parking spaces and bus stops ensure that arrival by car, taxi, or bus is simple for all. Upon arrival, visitors may be struck at the sheer variety of activities available here. The calm ocean surface lends itself well to swimming and snorkelling, while the numerous rental options mean that visitors can try their hand at surfing, windsurfing, kitesurfing, scuba diving, fishing, sailing, or even kayaking and canoeing. Such a variety of activities is rare in the Seychelles, making this beach a great option for the more active Seychelles holidaymaker. That’s not to say that you can’t relax here either. The beautiful sandy surface and ample shade ensure that long, laid-back days relaxing in the tropical sunshine are just as rewarding as days spent surfing or scuba-diving. While the vast majority of visitors will likely be guests of the Constance Ephelia Resort, Port Launay (North) offers plenty to those willing to come from further afield. Extensive equipment rentals such as those on offer here are a rarity in the Seychelles, so be sure to make the most of it during your holiday on Mahé!