Beach "Anse l'Amour"Mahé
The mixture of rocks, trees, sand, and the beautiful views of the nearby island and beaches make Anse l’Amour a picturesque, secluded bay on the west coast of Mahé.
- 100m x 20m - often empty
- Shallow water - seaweed may be present from June to September
- The beach can disappear at high tide - calm waves
- Calm, secluded cove in the west of Mahé
- Offers beautiful views and good snorkelling conditions
At a Glance:
- Small, secluded bay in the west of Mahé, about 300m from Port Launay.
- Offers beautiful views of some offshore islands and rocky formations.
- Plentiful shade ensures protection from the sun.
- The beach can disappear at high tide, so time your visit correctly!
- The road that leads to the beach is very narrow, so coming by car can be tricky.
Anse l’Amour is an oft-overlooked beach in the west of Mahé, around 300m along the coast from the more well-known region of Port Launay. This beautiful secluded bay benefits from coral reef protection and plenty of shade, and is sheltered from the busier parts of the island thanks to its location. This ensures that the beach is almost always empty, with very few visitors, making it perfect for couples looking for a quiet spot for a picnic or to enjoy some snorkelling. Getting to the beach can be tricky, as the main road passes this small bay by. There is a small road that leads to the beach, but no designated parking. Besides, the road to Anse l’Amour is very narrow, barely more than one car wide, and with few passing points for vehicles. Therefore, coming by car is possible, but not to be recommended. It is easier to get to Anse l’Amour on foot. At the beach, visitors will see beautiful trees and rocky formations, golden sand, and gorgeous views of the nearby island of Conception, as well as Port Launay North Beach. The water here is also protected from the open ocean by a coral reef, ensuring excellent swimming and snorkelling conditions, as well as shallow, calm ocean waters. There are certainly more famous beaches than Anse l’Amour, but anyone looking for a quiet, secluded cove will be pleasantly surprised by this little bay on Mahé. Getting there might be a slight problem, especially with a car, but that does not mean that it isn’t worth the effort. Besides, Anse l’Amour is just 300m or so from Port Launay, so it’s easy to get here on-foot if you wish.