Beach "Tusculum Beach"Mahé
The beautiful mixture of sand, granite formations, and calm, clear water make Tusculum Beach a small piece of paradise, away from the more crowded sections of the island.
- 70m x 15m - often empty
- Shallow water - seaweed November to March
- Normal tide - small waves
- Small, beautiful beach in the north of Mahé
- Good for sunbathing
At a Glance:
- Small, oft-deserted beach in the north-west of Mahé, near to some small hotels and guesthouses.
- Safe for families due to the shallow, calm water. Also great for couples who want to relax under the palm trees or sunbathe on the beautiful sand.
- Bus stops are nearby, and the beach is within walking distance of multiple accommodations.
- Palm trees provide protection from the sun.
Tusculum Beach is an extremely small, beautiful beach in the north-west of Mahé. Many aspects of the beach are typical to the Seychelles, including shallow, calm water, granite formations, and imposing palm trees that hang over the beach. There is generally seaweed present from November to March, but this rarely spoils the beautiful atmosphere of this small bay. Getting to the beach can be simple, especially for guests staying in one of the nearby accommodations. Besides that, there are bus stops nearby, and the beach is also close to the coastal road, so arrival by car is possible. That having been said, there is no parking next to the beach, so visitors will have to park their car by the main road. The beach itself offers shallow, calm water, ideal for swimming or snorkelling. There is also space to sunbathe, and plenty of shade to relax under on hot days. In terms of facilities, there are some shops nearby, while the closest restaurants can be found at Beau Vallon (about 1.5km south of Tusculum Beach), or the Bliss Hotel (about 1km north of the beach). Far from the most popular beach on Mahé, Tusculum Beach is nevertheless attractive for a number of reasons, not least its beautiful appearance and quiet, secluded atmosphere. When you factor in its close proximity to some small hotels and guesthouses, it’s easy to understand why some people decide to make the trip to this small bay.