Beach "Sunset Beach"Mahé
The beautiful clear water, impressive palm trees, and old coral formation make this a real gem, great for a relaxing beach day or some excellent photographs to remember your holiday by.
- 120m x 15m - often busy
- Shallow water - seaweed November to July
- Normal tide - small waves
- Small, popular beach next to the Sunset Beach hotel
- Good for swimming and snorkelling
At a Glance:
- Small, busy beach next to the Sunset Beach Hotel on the west coast of Mahé.
- Family-friendly thanks to the shallow, calm water, and great for couples or solo travellers.
- The facilities of the Sunset Beach Hotel are just a short walk away from the beach, including a restaurant.
- Good beach for snorkelling and swimming, as well as scuba diving or kayaking.
- Shade provided by palm trees ensures protection from the sun.
Sunset Beach is located on the west coast of Mahé, near the northern tip of the island. The beach is especially popular with guests of the nearby Sunset Beach hotel, so is often busy, especially given its comparatively small size. The shallow, calm water here is great for a number of activities, and is perfectly safe for children and unconfident swimmers, making this a great beach for families, as well as for couples or solo travellers who can come to enjoy the beautiful scenery and the excellent swimming conditions. Getting to the beach is especially easy if you are a guest of the Sunset Beach Hotel, and the beach is also within walking distance of some other accommodations, including the Hilton Northolme Resort. Besides that, Sunset Beach is located next to the coastal road of the island, so guests can easily get here by the bus which stops nearby. While it is also possible to drive there using a hire car, there is no parking next to the beach. The scenery that greets you at Sunset Beach is typical of the Seychelles: golden sand, clear, inviting water, and impressive palm trees are all present here, making for a great place to spend a relaxing afternoon in the sun or in the shade. The shallow water also lends itself particularly well to swimming or snorkelling, while it is also possible to go scuba diving or kayaking here. Finally, there is an old coral formation on the beach, which, combined with the surrounding landscape, make this beach a great prospect for photographs too. All in all, Sunset Beach is an excellent little beach on Mahé which possesses a number of different features that will appeal to all kinds of holidaymaker. While most visitors to this bay will probably be guests of the nearby hotel, there is no reason that guests cannot come from further afield to enjoy this beautiful beach.