Beach "Glacis Beach"Mahé
The beautiful views of Beau Vallon to the south and Silhouette Island to the north-west are a real eye-catcher, while the beautiful mixture of rocks and palm trees give the beach a pleasing atmosphere.
- 320m x 15m, divided into two halves - often empty
- Deep water at high tide - seaweed present November to March
- High tide covers the beach - small waves
- Beautiful bay that is split into different sections of beach
- Good for swimming and snorkelling
At a Glance:
- This stretch of coastline is really made up of two smaller beaches that are divided by rock formations.
- Safe for families, but the water can be rather deep, especially at high tide.
- Bliss Hotel is located on the beach, and non-guests should inform the hotel before accessing the beach.
- Plenty of shade provides protection from the sun.
- Offers a beautiful view of Beau Vallon to the south and Silhouette Island to the north-west.
Glacis Beach is a collection of smaller beach sections in the north-west of Mahé, located in front of the popular Bliss Hotel. The water here is not protected by a coral reef, so the depth increases the further you get from shore. In addition, the water gets quite deep at high tide. However, it is still safe for all visitors, as there are no strong currents. Getting to the beach is simple, especially if you are staying in one of the nearby accommodations. Anyone who is not a guest of the Bliss Hotel should seek permission to access the beach, as it requires crossing the hotel’s grounds. In terms of transport, there is unfortunately no bus stop near the beach, but arriving by rental car is easy thanks to the parking spaces available at the larger section of the beach. Once you get there, you will be greeted by beautiful scenery, including rocky formations that separate the two sections of beach. There are also plenty of palm trees, providing shade from the sun under which you can relax. The water here is fairly deep, especially at high tide. That said, it is still safe for swimming and snorkelling. In terms of facilities, the closest restaurant and WCs are at the Bliss Hotel, located on one of the sections of the beach. Glacis Beach is unusual in that it is really two beaches, separated by rocks, but it nevertheless offers enough to make a visit worthwhile, especially if you are staying in one of the nearby accommodations. There is an excellent view of Beau Vallon and Silhouette Island from the beach, great for photographers and for anyone just looking to explore the island a bit.