Beach "Anse Severe"La Digue
Spectacular sunset views over Praslin, as well as the shallow, protected ocean water.
- 400m x 5m - some visitors. Generally only empty in the morning
- Shallow water and coral reef
- Seaweed may be present throughout the year
- Normal tide and calm water
- Beautiful, protected beach with shallow, clear water
- Great for swimming and snorkelling
At a Glance:
- Attractive scenery and protection from the open ocean make this a safe, fun prospect for a beach day.
- Safe for families thanks to the protection provided by coral and rocks, as well as the shallow water.
- Access via the road parallel to the beach, on-foot, by bike, or by car. The road offers plenty of space to park.
- There is a small snack bar on the north side of the beach, as well as a boutique.
- Natural shade provides protection from the sun.
Anse Severe lies in the north of La Digue, facing the Seychelles’ second largest island, Praslin. This is particularly notable at night, when the sun sets over Praslin, lighting up the sky spectacularly. The water here is nice and shallow, and calm for the majority of time. The beach can disappear at high tide, but most of the time there is a beautiful sandy surface for visitors to enjoy. Thankfully, the beach is easily accessible thanks to the nearby road. This makes arrival by bike or with a car an absolute breeze, and there is plenty of space to park if you manage to find a car to take you. Of course, the beach can also be reached on-foot. Anse Severe is also close to a few different accommodations, so is great for patrons of these hotels. The beach itself is attractive for a number of reasons.The small snack shop and bar at the north end of the beach, along with the small boutique, ensure that there are enough facilities for your trip to Anse Severe. As mentioned, the water here is shallow, and is protected from the open ocean thanks to some rock and coral formations. In fact, the drop-off is located the other side of this protection, so the beach is even safe for children. The water is great for paddling, and also for snorkelling. All in all, Anse Severe is a beautiful, safe, well-located beach that has something to offer everyone. The views of Praslin are excellent, and the water is great for swimming and snorkelling, so there’s always a reason to go. Please note: There is some construction work taking place across the road from the beach, so it is likely that Anse Severe will become busier once these works have been completed.