Beach "Anse Cimitière"Praslin
The close proximity to the Coco de Mer hotel is the highlight of the beach, ensuring that guests of the hotel have a wonderful sandy spot to enjoy right on their doorstep.
- 350m x 5m - many visitors in front of the nearby hotel
- Shallow water - seaweed present May to October
- Normal tide - small, calm waves
- Popular family-friendly beach next to the Coco de Mer hotel
- Good for snorkelling and windsurfing
At a Glance:
- Small beach divided into two distinct sections.
- One of these sections lies in front of the Coco de Mer and Black Parrot Suites hotel.
- Numerous trees line the beach, providing protection from the sun.
- Snorkelling and windsurfing equipment can be rented at the hotel.
- Can be reached on foot, by car, or by bus.
Anse Cimitière is a smallish beach located in the larger bay of Anse Bois de Rose in the south of Praslin. The beach itself is divided into two sections. One section can be found in front of the popular Coco de Mer and Black Parrot Suites hotel, and is especially popular with guests of this establishment. The other section is cut off from here by some rocks, and is distinctly less popular. Getting to the beach is simple, especially if you are a guest of the hotel. For those that aren’t, there is limited parking by the road, so arrival by car is possible, if a little tricky. There is also a bus stop on the road, near the hotel, so arrival by public transport is possible. That said, anyone wishing to visit the section of beach in front of the hotel should double-check at reception whether they are permitted access. At the beach there is beautiful, shallow water, numerous badamier and takamaka trees, and a relatively calm atmosphere. This is a great beach for relaxing with a good book or simply lying in the sun. It is also a good spot for snorkelling and windsurfing, and equipment can be rented nearby for those who feel a little more active during their holiday. Anse Cimitière is also extremely family-friendly thanks to the calm, shallow water and the offshore coral reef, which protects the bay from the open ocean. A good little beach located in a beautiful large bay, Anse Cimitière offers enough to merit a visit. It is likely that you will only ever encounter guests of the nearby hotel here, but thanks to the easy access, anyone who wants to can visit the beach and enjoy its calm atmosphere and beautiful scenery.