Beach "Anse Bois de Rose"Praslin
The calm atmosphere and the complete lack of visitors ensure that if you manage to reach the beach, you will almost certainly be alone, ideal for anyone looking for a bit of peace, quiet, and solitude.
- 400m x 100m - always empty
- Shallow water - seaweed present from May to November
- Beach may disappear at high tide - small, calm waves
- Small, relatively inaccessible beach on Praslin
- Good for snorkelling, but tricky to access
At a Glance:
- Small, calm beach in the larger bay of the same name.
- Good spot for snorkelling, but the beach can be tricky to access.
- There is private property located adjacent to the beach, with signs forbidding trespassing.
- Therefore, access is only possible by climbing down from the road.
- Shade provides protection from the sun.
Anse Bois de Rose is a small beach, located in the south of Praslin, within the larger bay that shares its name with this spot of sand. A calm, tranquil atmosphere awaits any who reach the beach, but this can be difficult for a number of reasons, so the area is virtually always deserted. As mentioned, getting to the beach is difficult. While there is a road nearby, including a bus stop, you then have to climb down to reach the actual beach itself, which isn’t as simple as it could be. The private property that lines other areas of the beaches provides its own obstacles, as there are signs which forbid trespassing to obtain access to Anse Bois de Rose. Therefore, the beach is almost always deserted. However, if you do manage to gain access, you will find a small, shaded, beautiful little cove that has great scenery and tranquil water, making it a great spot to relax. The area is also good for snorkelling, and an offshore coral reef protects the bay from the open ocean as well as providing underwater scenery to enjoy. The beach can suffer from seaweed being present from May to November, but besides that is clear and offers pristine sand, as with almost everywhere else in the Seychelles. Anse Bois de Rose offers some small rewards to those who manage to reach the beach, but doing this is difficult enough that many would rather choose another nearby beach for their seaside visit. While we would possibly recommend this thanks to the wealth of other beach options in the area, Anse Bois de Rose is a beautiful little bay for anyone who decides they want a spot all to themselves.