Beach "Anse Citron"Praslin
The quiet, secluded atmosphere and the beautiful sunset views of Cousin and Cousine make Anse Citron a great location for a picnic in the late-afternoon.
- 300m x 5m - almost no visitors
- Very shallow water - seaweed throughout the year
- Normal tide - small waves
- Quiet, remote beach in south-west Praslin
- Good for picnics and relaxation
At a Glance:
- Small, oft-deserted beach in the south-west of Praslin, along the coast from Fond de l’Anse.
- Offers views of Cousin and Cousine island.
- Takamaka trees line the beach between the sand and the road.
- Natural shade provides protection from the sun.
- Quiet, isolated beach that is great for picnics.
Anse Citron is a small, oft-deserted beach in the south-west of Praslin, along the coast from more popular and larger beaches such as Fond de l’Anse and Anse Takamaka. The water here is unique in that it is extremely shallow, just a few centimetres even at low tide, making it safe for children, but rendering swimming impossible here. However, the quiet, secluded atmosphere of the beach is appealing, especially for picnics or relaxing on the sand. Getting to the beach is a little challenging, as there is no nearby bus stop, and there is only limited parking at the side of the road, with no designated parking spaces at all. That said, it isn’t too far on-foot from a number of accommodations further along the coast, so could be appealing for guests of these establishments. However Anse Citron is largely deserted throughout the year. As suggested, the water here is too shallow to swim in, so it can be hard to see at first glance just what there is to do here. Thankfully, the beautiful views of Cousin and Cousine, especially at sunset, give visitors something to enjoy. The lack of visitors also makes it great for families or couples who want their own space to relax and enjoy a picnic under the tropical sun or in the shade. Finally, there is an old house here that is still inhabited by a man who tends to a small vegetable garden, using Gris-Gris talismans that are a relic of the Seychelles’ history. Not the most exciting beach by any stretch of the imagination, but Anse Citron has a few unique features that will appeal to the Seychelles holidaymaker, especially those looking for a quiet, relaxing beach day on Praslin.
One free cocktail for the groom and the bride during the stay.