Beach "Anse Gouvernement"Praslin
The close proximity to some of Praslin’s hotels and the wide range of possible activities mean that there is something for everyone at this beach.
- 600m x 5m - not very busy
- Shallow - seaweed in March
- Normal tide - small waves
- Attractive bay on the northern coast of Praslin
- Good for swimming and snorkelling
At a Glance:
- Beautiful curved bay in the north of Praslin, close to the Hotel l’Archipel.
- With shallow water and small, calm waves, the beach is good for families, couples, and solo travellers alike.
- Close to some hotels, and also accessible by car.
- Good facilities, and there are equipment rentals available, including snorkelling, fishing, and sailing.
- Shade provided by palm trees ensures protection from the tropical sun.
Anse Gouvernement is a beautiful beach on the northern coast of Praslin, the Seychelles’ second-largest island. With shallow water and small waves, the bay is generally peaceful and calm. There are also not many visitors here, except for in front of the Hotel l’Archipel, which is located right on the beach. This fact makes Anse Gouvernement especially popular amongst guests of this hotel, but in truth there are a number of reasons to come from further afield to enjoy this bay. Thankfully, getting to the beach is quite simple thanks to the nearby road. There is also parking available next to the road and at the hotels, so stopping for a while is no problem at all. The surrounding area, besides some hotels, offers various restaurants, and the Cote d’Or is just a short distance along the coast from Anse Gouvernement. The beach itself offers a wide variety of different activities, so anyone can find something to like about Anse Gouvernement. The water is shallow, making it ideal for swimming and snorkelling, while it is also possible to rent snorkelling equipment, as well as fishing and sailing gear. The sand here is also great for relaxing, either in the sun or under one of the palm trees that line the beach. Finally, there are some great views to be had, including a view of Anse Volbert/the Cote d’Or, just along the coast from this spot. Usually only frequented by guests of the nearby hotels, there are nevertheless a variety of reasons to make a trip to Anse Gouvernement. We recommend obtaining permission from the hotels that are located on the beach if arriving by land, while guests arriving by sea can simply enjoy the beach as soon as they get there, as they will not have to cross any private land to reach the beach.