Seychelles Holidays during Covid-19 Times: Entry Requirements
You might be wondering what the entry requirements for a trip to the Seychelles are at the moment? Here you’ll discover about entry during Covid-19 times and what you should look out for during your stay, as well as what testing options you have for your return journey.
Last updated: 20th September 2021
Entry and arrival in the Seychelles:
All people, from all countries of the world, are allowed to travel to the Seychelles! Exceptions are travellers who have been in Bangladesh, Brazil, India, Nepal or Pakistan within the last 14 days prior to entry.
In the current situation, flight time changes are fairly frequent. They can vary either by a few hours, but sometimes the flight is rescheduled for another day. Please note that unfortunately we have no influence on this. We will be happy to rebook your trip according to your new flight times.
Before departure, airlines try to leave as much space as possible between passengers, if possible. A mask must be worn permanently on board and may only be removed when eating and drinking.
All tourists (including children and people who have been vaccinated) must take a SARS-CoV-2 PCR test at the earliest 72 hours before departure to the Seychelles.
All tourists must also apply for travel authorisation via the following platform at the latest 3 hours before departure: https://seychelles.govtas.com.
This travel authorisation is obligatory for all travellers (including children) and costs €10 per person.
The following information is requested during the registration process:
- Valid passport
- Digital passport photo or “passport photo selfie”
- Contact details of the traveller (home address, phone number, email address)
- Travel information (flight details)
- Accommodation in the Seychelles
- Negative Covid-19 test result
- Credit card information for payment
After registration, the traveller will receive an automated confirmation of receipt and payment by email. In another email, sent at most 6 hours after registration, the traveller will receive travel authorisation. This travel authorisation (pdf) must be printed out or saved onto a mobile phone.
Important: All visitors need international health insurance that covers COVID-19-related treatment and quarantine costs. The insurance offered by us includes these costs.
Upon arrival in the Seychelles, you must present your travel authorisation and passport. You will also have your temperature taken. If your temperature is elevated, you will be immediaphoney isolated and tested for Covid-19 via a rapid testing kit. In addition, some passengers will be tested at random for Covid-19 upon arrival.
All visitors need international health insurance that covers Covid-19-related treatment and quarantine costs. The insurance offered by us includes these costs.
Current entry information and on the situation on site: http://tourism.gov.sc/covid-19-guidelines/
Travel and safety advice from the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office: https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/seychelles
Only accommodations that have been certified by the Seychelles Health Authorities as complying with Covid-19 guidelines can be used for overnight stays. Most of our accommodations have already received this certification. The information on whether an accommodation is certified can be found on the detail page of the accommodation in the section "Facts".
Every employee of the accommodation or restaurant must attend an (online) training course on coronavirus awareness.
Each accommodation and restaurant must designate a hygiene officer who is specially trained in Covid-19 prevention measures and is responsible for compliance (e.g. regular fever check-ups for staff, list of names and addresses of all guests).
Each accommodation must keep a separate area or room free in which, in case of a suspected case of infection, a sick person can be isolated from other guests, and in this way the spread of the virus can be prevented.
Disinfectant dispensers must be placed at entrances and central areas.
Markings on the floor (e.g. at reception) and tables set at least 2 metres apart to prevent close contact with other guests.
All surfaces, cushions etc. are cleaned and disinfected regularly. In addition, Plexiglas panels are hung up in certain places such as the reception.
At the airport and during transfers by car or plane, as well as on ferries and in shops, people must wear a face mask. This is also the case when you cannot maintain a 1.5 metre distance to others, for example when riding a bike on La Digue.
In general, you should try to maintain a 1.5 metre distance from others at all times when possible, and wash or disinfect your hands regularly.
In general, all leisure activities are still possible. Please note that activities that take place in groups and/or with a guide, such as boat trips or hiking tours, can only be booked with licenced personnel. We will gladly help you find operators that have the necessary licence.
The use of public transport (buses) has recently been permitted again for tourists. To remain flexible, we still recommend booking our transfer service or a rental car.
The government and the health authorities in the Seychelles are anxious to avoid an outbreak of the pandemic in the Seychelles. Therefore, everyday measures such as social distancing and wearing masks is required whenever distance cannot be maintained.
Thanks to a large vaccination campaign, more than 71% of the local population has already been vaccinated, so that the country could be further re-opened to tourists.
Before your trip:
Please note that the Seychelles is currently a risk area for some countries, so you may need a valid PCR or rapid test for your return journey. Please inform yourself beforehand if this applies to you depending on your destination. We will also gladly help you if required.
- Music Stadium, English River - phone: +248‑4388410 / +248‑2829340
- Euromedical Family Clinic - phone: +248‑4324999
- Future Care (private provider), Le Chantier - email: email@example.com - phone: +248 2 593 593, (Monday - Saturday SCR 3,000, Sunday and public holidays SCR 3,500, result after 48 hours by email)
- Seychelles Medical Services 4 locations: Eden Island, Seychelles International Airport, Victoria "The Glass Building", Beau Vallon - 24-hour service (from 8 pm - 8 am by appointment only), SCR 2,200 (result after 12 hours by email), Express PCR test SCR 4,000 (result after 8 hours by email), Appointments and booking: https://pcrtest.sc/
- Beau Vallon Health Center - phone: +248‑4385001
- Anse Royale Health Center - phone: +248‑4388467
- Anse Boileau Health Center - phone: +248‑4355555
- Baie St. Anne Hospital - phone: +248‑4232333
- Seychelles Medical Services: Les Lauriers Eco Hotel - 24-hour service (from 8pm - 8am by appointment only), SCR 2,200 (result by 9am the following day), Express PCR test SCR 4,000 (result by email by midnight), appointments and booking: https://pcrtest.sc/
- Our recommendation: Victoria Health Clinic: Anse Etoile - 8am - 5pm (€ 60), alternatively at all hotels (€ 70) - phone: +248-251 12 68, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, appointments and booking: https://www.victoriahealthclinic.com/book-your-appointment/
- Future Care, Le Chantier - Mondays- Saturdays 8am - 6pm (SCR 1,200), Sundays and public holidays SCR 1,500, contact: Jude Samaraweera, email: email@example.com - phone: +248 2 593 593
- Seychelles Medical Services 4 locations: Eden Island, Seychelles International Airport, Victoria "The Glass Building", Beau Vallon - 24-hour service (from 8 pm - 8 am by appointment only), appointments and booking: https://pcrtest.sc/
- Villas de Mer Hotel, Grand Anse - 4.30pm - 7.30pm (€ 60), contact: Lydia Lablache - phone: +248-2511959 or Rebecca Esticot (nurse) - phone: +248-2712198, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, appointments and booking: https://www.victoriahealthclinic.com/book-your-appointment
- Seychelles Medical Services: Les Lauriers Eco Hotel - 24-hour service (from 8pm - 8am by appointment only), appointments and booking: https://pcrtest.sc/
PCR tests cost 2500 Seychelles rupees (around €139), or between 3000 and 3500 rupees at some private companies (€167 - 195).
Rapid tests cost between 1000 and 1500 rupees (€60 - 83).
Please take care of this as early as possible, at least 5 - 7 days before your departure. Contact the establishment by phone, email, or via their website.
Would you like to know what a holiday in the Seychelles is like in the current time and why a holiday is especially recommendable now?