Seychelles Holidays during Covid-19 Times: Entry Requirements
You might be wondering what the entry requirements for a trip to the Seychelles are at the moment? Here you’ll discover about entry during Covid-19 times and what you should look out for during your stay, as well as what testing options you have for your return journey.
Last updated: 15th March 2022
Entry and arrival in the Seychelles:
All people, from all countries of the world, are allowed to travel to the Seychelles!
In the current situation, flight time changes are fairly frequent. They can vary either by a few hours, but sometimes the flight is rescheduled for another day. Please note that unfortunately we have no influence on this. We will be happy to rebook your trip according to your new flight times.
Before departure, airlines try to leave as much space as possible between passengers, if possible. A mask must be worn permanently on board and may only be removed when eating and drinking.
People fully vaccinated against Covid-19 no longer need to take a PCR or rapid antigen test prior to travel!Definition of "fully vaccinated":
- Individuals 18 years of age and older: considered fully vaccinated are those who have received the full number of vaccine doses (usually 2 doses). If more than 6 months have passed after the 2nd dose, travelers are still considered fully vaccinated only if they have received a 3rd vaccination (booster vaccination).
- Children 12 - 17 years of age: considered fully vaccinated if they have received at least 2 doses of vaccine
Unvaccinated travelers 12 years of age and older must take a Covid-19 PCR or Covid-19 Rapid Antigen test more before traveling! The Covid-19 PCR test must not be older than 72 h at departure, the Covid-19 Rapid Antigen test must not be older than 24 h at departure.
Children under 12 years: no test required
Before departure, all tourists must apply for a travel authorization through this platform: https://seychelles.govtas.com.This travel authorization is mandatory for all travelers entering the country (including children) and costs 10 € per person. The processing time can take up to 9 hours. Please plan ahead for this and apply for the permit early.
- valid passport
- digital passport photo or "passport photo selfie" (a portrait photo of you, you can take it with your mobile phone)
- Traveler's contact information (home address, phone, email)
- Travel information (flight details & accommodations in Seychelles)
- For vaccinated persons: Proof of vaccination (e.g. vaccination card or certificate) (in the section "required documents")
- For non-vaccinated persons 12 years and older: negative Covid-19 PCR test result or rapid antigen test result (in English or French)
- Credit card information for payment
After registration, the traveler will receive an automated confirmation of receipt as well as payment by email. In another email, maximum 9 hours after registration, the traveler will receive the travel authorization. This travel authorization (pdf) must be printed or saved on your mobile phone.
Tip: If you have any problems when applying for your travel authorization, please use the chat function on the site https://seychelles.govtas.com to solve the problem.
Important: All visitors need to have international health insurance.
If you have recently contracted Corona (between 2 and 12 weeks prior to travel date), please upload proof of infection (positive test result and certificate of completion of isolation or recovery certificate) in the entry permit. You will not be required to submit a Covid-19 PCR test.
Upon arrival in Seychelles, travel authorization and passport must be presented. In addition, a temperature measurement is carried out on all passengers upon entry.
Current entry information and on the situation on site: http://tourism.gov.sc/covid-19-guidelines/
Travel and safety advice from the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office: https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/seychelles
Only accommodations that have been certified by the Seychelles Health Authorities as complying with Covid-19 guidelines can be used for overnight stays. Most of our accommodations have already received this certification. The information on whether an accommodation is certified can be found on the detail page of the accommodation in the section "Facts".
Every employee of the accommodation or restaurant must attend an (online) training course on coronavirus awareness.
Each accommodation and restaurant must designate a hygiene officer who is specially trained in Covid-19 prevention measures and is responsible for compliance (e.g. regular fever check-ups for staff, list of names and addresses of all guests).
Each accommodation must keep a separate area or room free in which, in case of a suspected case of infection, a sick person can be isolated from other guests, and in this way the spread of the virus can be prevented.
Disinfectant dispensers must be placed at entrances and central areas.
Markings on the floor (e.g. at reception) and tables set at least 2 metres apart to prevent close contact with other guests.
All surfaces, cushions etc. are cleaned and disinfected regularly. In addition, Plexiglas panels are hung up in certain places such as the reception.
At the airport and during transfers by car or plane, as well as on ferries and in shops, people must wear a face mask. This is also the case when you cannot maintain a 1.5 metre distance to others, for example when riding a bike on La Digue.
In general, you should try to maintain a 1.5 metre distance from others at all times when possible, and wash or disinfect your hands regularly.
In general, all leisure activities are still possible. Please note that activities that take place in groups and/or with a guide, such as boat trips or hiking tours, can only be booked with licenced personnel. We will gladly help you find operators that have the necessary licence.
The use of public transport (buses) has recently been permitted again for tourists. To remain flexible, we still recommend booking our transfer service or a rental car.
The government and the health authorities in the Seychelles are anxious to avoid an outbreak of the pandemic in the Seychelles. Therefore, everyday measures such as social distancing and wearing masks is required whenever distance cannot be maintained.
Thanks to a large vaccination campaign, more than 81% of the local population has already been vaccinated, so that the country could be further re-opened to tourists.
Before your trip:
Please note that the Seychelles is currently a risk area for some countries, so you may need a valid PCR or rapid test for your return journey. Please inform yourself beforehand if this applies to you depending on your destination. We will also gladly help you if required.
- Our recommendation: Victoria Health Clinic: Anse Etoile (€ 75), alternatively at all hotels (€ 100), appointments and booking: https://www.victoriahealthclinic.com/doctors/pcr/
- Music Stadium, English River - phone: +248‑4388410 / +248‑2829340
- Euromedical Family Clinic - phone: +248‑4324999
- Future Care (private provider), Le Chantier - email: email@example.com - phone: +248 2 593 593, (Monday - Saturday SCR 3,000, Sunday and public holidays SCR 3,500, result after 48 hours by email)
- Seychelles Medical Services 4 locations: Eden Island, Seychelles International Airport, Victoria "The Glass Building", Beau Vallon - 24-hour service (from 8 pm - 8 am by appointment only), SCR 2,200 (result after 12 hours by email), Express PCR test SCR 4,000 (result after 8 hours by email), Appointments and booking: https://pcrtest.sc/
- Beau Vallon Health Center - phone: +248‑4385001
- Anse Royale Health Center - phone: +248‑4388467
- Anse Boileau Health Center - phone: +248‑4355555
- Villas de Mer Hotel, Grand Anse (€ 100), alternatively at all hotels (€ 125), appointments and booking: https://www.victoriahealthclinic.com/doctors/pcr/
- Baie St. Anne Hospital - phone: +248‑4232333
- Seychelles Medical Services: Les Lauriers Eco Hotel - 24-hour service (from 8pm - 8am by appointment only), SCR 2,200 (result by 9am the following day), Express PCR test SCR 4,000 (result by email by midnight), appointments and booking: https://pcrtest.sc/
- Our recommendation: Victoria Health Clinic: Anse Etoile - 8am - 5pm (€ 50), alternatively at all hotels (€ 75) - phone: +248-251 12 68, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, appointments and booking: https://www.victoriahealthclinic.com/book-your-appointment/
- Future Care, Le Chantier - Mondays- Saturdays 8am - 6pm (SCR 1,200), Sundays and public holidays SCR 1,500, contact: Jude Samaraweera, email: email@example.com - phone: +248 2 593 593
- Seychelles Medical Services 4 locations: Eden Island, Seychelles International Airport, Victoria "The Glass Building", Beau Vallon - 24-hour service (from 8 pm - 8 am by appointment only), appointments and booking: https://pcrtest.sc/
- Villas de Mer Hotel, Grand Anse - 4.30pm - 7.30pm (€ 60), contact: Lydia Lablache - phone: +248-2511959 or Rebecca Esticot (nurse) - phone: +248-2712198, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, appointments and booking: https://www.victoriahealthclinic.com/book-your-appointment
- Seychelles Medical Services: Les Lauriers Eco Hotel - 24-hour service (from 8pm - 8am by appointment only), appointments and booking: https://pcrtest.sc/
The PCR test costs between SCR 1000 (€ 75, same day result) and SCR 4,200 (€ 285, result within 8 hours).
The rapid antigen test costs around SCR 725 (€ 50).
Please take care of this as early as possible, at least 5 - 7 days before your departure. Contact the establishment by phone, email, or via their website.
Would you like to know what a holiday in the Seychelles is like in the current time and why a holiday is especially recommendable now?