Beach "Turtle Bay"Mahé
The beach is very popular amongst the locals. Seychellois families often come here for weekend picnics, while the calm sea also makes it a great place for local fishermen to moor their boats.
- 725m x 20m - often empty
- Very shallow water - seaweed from June to September
- Strong tides - small, calm waves
- Popular, family-friendly beach on Mahé
- Great for swimming, snorkelling, and windsurfing
At a Glance:
- Beautiful beach with shallow water and small, calm waves.
- Great for families as the beach is protected by a reef, and there is no sharp drop-off.
- The beach is close to a main road, ensuring easy-access via car or bus.
- There are a few restaurants nearby (the Vye Marmit and the Tyfoo), as well as some local shops too.
- The calm sea lends itself well to swimming, snorkelling, kitesurfing, and windsurfing.
- Turtle Bay is especially popular with the locals; families come here for weekend picnics and the local fishermen sometimes leave their boats harboured in the bay.
Turtle Bay is a popular beach in the south-east of Mahé, well-known for its shallow, calm water and beautiful sandy surface. The beach is protected from the open ocean by a coral reef, ensuring there is a gradual slope into the sea, with no sharp drop-off. This fact makes the beach just as popular amongst families as it is with couples looking for a romantic stroll along the sand. Thankfully, the beach is easy to reach, as it lies close to one of the main coastal roads on Mahé. Whether by rental car, taxi, or bus, access to the beach is unproblematic for all. There are bus stops and parking spaces near to the beach too, so you won’t need to worry about walking too far to get to the ocean! Once you reach the beach, you’ll be struck by just how calm the sea is. The calm ocean surface makes Turtle Bay ideally-suited to swimmers, snorkelers, and windsurfers, while the peaceful atmosphere of the beach lends itself well to picnickers and sunbathers. This means that, whatever your tastes, you’ll find something to like about Turtle Bay. A great all-rounder, Turtle Bay offers plenty to make a trip worthwhile. The uninterrupted views of the ocean are ideal for photographers and sightseers, while the shallow water and calm ocean surface ensure that watersports are possible here. With easy-access, ample facilities, and plenty to do, Turtle Bay is sure to be a highlight of any holiday on the Seychelles’ largest island.