Beach "Anse à la Mouche"Mahé
The incredibly calm, shallow water, along with the beautiful scenery that is great for photographers both during the day and at sunset.
- 1450m x 12m - some visitors
- Shallow water - seaweed present June to September
- Beach disappears at high tide - extremely calm water
- Beautiful family-friendly beach in the south-west of Mahé
- Calm water makes it great for swimming and snorkelling
At a Glance:
- Large, calm bay on the south-east coast of Mahé, the Seychelles’ largest island.
- Ideal for families thanks to its shallow water, plentiful shade, and easy-access.
- Shops and restaurants can be found nearby, allowing you to enjoy a delicious meal or stock up on supplies for a beach picnic.
- Plentiful shade ensures that there is protection from the sun.
- Easy-access via car or bus.
Anse à la Mouche is a long, curved bay in the south-west of Mahé, the Seychelles largest island. Its size ensures that there are usually some visitors there, in stark contrast to many of the Seychelles’ other deserted beaches. That said, this is not a drawback, as the beach is plenty large enough for everyone to find a spot to relax in, either on the sand or under one of the trees that line the beach. Getting to Anse à la Mouche is unproblematic thanks to its proximity to a main road. This ensures that visitors can reach the beach by car or bus. Although parking along the road is limited, there are some spaces, and the bus stop is near the beach on the main road, ensuring a swift journey from bus to beach. As with almost all the Seychelles’ beaches, the beach is completely open to the public, so there’s nothing to stop you enjoying a trip to Anse à la Mouche. Once there, you’ll be surprised at just how shallow and calm the ocean surface is. These conditions lend themselves very well to swimming and snorkelling, with the water being safe even for unconfident swimmers and children, as long as they stay close to the shore. Besides that, you will sometimes see people windsurfing or kitesurfing across the ocean surface, or even trying their hand at some fishing. In terms of facilities, there are some shops and restaurants nearby, so you can spend the day at the beach before enjoying a delicious evening meal just a short walk away. In fact, evenings on Anse à la Mouche are especially special thanks to the gorgeous sunset views from the beach. For any budding photographers amongst you, these sunset vistas will also make a great photograph to go along with your memories of a fantastic beach day at Anse à la Mouche.