Beach "Anse Louis"Mahé
The incredible scenery of this bay is its real highlight. It’s easy to see why the Maia Resort chose Anse Louis as their home thanks to its beautiful cliffs and ocean surface.
- 500m x 20m - not very busy
- Deep water at high tide - seaweed June to September
- Normal tide - high waves
- Small, beautiful bay on the west coast of Mahé
- Good for surfing thanks to the high waves
At a Glance:
- Small, open bay on Mahé, in close proximity to the Maia Luxury Resort and Spa.
- Relatively deep water and higher waves make Anse Louis a great little bay for surfers.
- There is a small car park and a bus stop right next to the beach, ensuring easy access to the bay.
- Shops and other facilities can be found at Anse Boileau, about 250m away from Anse Louis.
Anse Louis is a beautiful, sheltered bay located near to Anse Boileau on the west coast of Mahé, the Seychelles’ largest island. Also nearby is the stunning Maia Resort, which overlooks the bay itself. The water here is deeper than elsewhere on the island, but still safe for children providing they are supervised at all times. As mentioned, the Maia Resort’s proximity ensures that Anse Louis is popular amongst guests of the hotel. For those who are spending their holiday elsewhere on the island, the beach is located close to the coastal road, ensuring easy-access by car or by bus, with a nearby bus-stop and car park ensuring that guests can come to Anse Louis from all over. At the beach, the waves can often be taller than elsewhere in the Seychelles. It is for this reason that Anse Louis is popular amongst surfers, but anyone will find something to like about the beach. The scenery is spectacular here, and the water is also suitable for swimming and snorkelling. The sunset views also makes Anse Louis ideal for photographers or for romantic strolls along the sand. Finally, the nearby Anse Boileau offers shops and other facilities, about 250m away along the coast. With easy-access, nearby facilities, beautiful scenery, and water that’s well suited to swimming and surfing, Anse Louis offers plenty to the Seychelles holidaymaker, making it well worth a visit for anyone staying on Mahé.