Beach "Fairyland Beach (Relax Beach)"Mahé
The view of the offshore island of Chauvre Souris, which you can even swim to if you wish, is excellent. Besides that, the calm, shallow water makes this a great beach for families.
- 50m x 15m - often busy
- Shallow water - seaweed present June to September
- Beach disappears at high tide - small, calm waves
- Small, popular gem of a beach in the south of Mahé
- Good for snorkelling and swimming
At a Glance:
- Small, popular beach in the south of Mahé, close to the large, expansive Anse Royale bay.
- Great for families thanks to the shallow water, calm waves, and coral reef protection.
- Numerous shops and accommodations nearby ensure excellent facilities.
- Ample shade provides protection from the worst of the midday sun.
- Easy-access via nearby bus stop and parking.
Fairyland Beach, also known as Relax Beach to some, is a small, extremely popular beach in the south-east of the Seychelles’ largest island Mahé. Located along the coast from the famous Anse Royale, Fairyland Beach shares many characteristics with its neighbour, including protection from the open ocean thanks to a coral reef, ensuring calm, shallow ocean water that is great for swimming and snorkelling. Getting to the beach is simple thanks to the excellent transport links in the region. The coastal road passes near to the beach, and there is also parking available, so anyone coming by car can easily find a spot to leave their vehicle during their beach day. Arrival by bus is also simple, with a bus stop located close to the beach. Finally, there are a number of nearby accommodations, including small hotels and guesthouses, so patrons of these hotels can simply stroll to the beach at their leisure. Fairyland Beach offers beautiful scenery, shallow, calm water, and an excellent view of the small offshore island of Chauvre Souris. As with most of the beaches in the south-east of Mahé, there is an offshore coral reef that protects the bay from the worst of the open ocean, so the waves are rarely high here. This means that the bay is safe for children and unconfident swimmers alike, who can easily bathe and snorkel in the ocean here. The nearby shops ensure that families can find all they need for a picnic if they so wish, and the plentiful shade means that you won’t have to spend too long out in the sun if you don’t want to. There are a number of reasons to like Fairyland Beach, including close proximity to accommodations, easy-access, and a safe, calm, beautiful environment once you’re there. Those who are feeling slightly adventurous can even try swimming to the offshore island of Chauvre Souris. Otherwise, simply sit back, relax, and enjoy the Seychelles sun in the south-east of Mahé.