Beach "Anse Possession"Praslin
The view of Curieuse and the small fishing village where you can often see fishermen going about their business. There are also some coconut trees that blend in with the granite formations to make for some great photographs.
- 500m x 6m - east end is busier than the west end
- Seaweed usually present after heavy rainfall and during north-west trade winds
- Normal tide and small waves, except for during bad weather
- Shallow-water and plenty of shade
- Good for swimming, snorkelling, and fishing
At a Glance:
- A relatively busy beach on Praslin, popular among the guests of the small guesthouses that are found at one end of the beach.
- Very family-friendly thanks to the shallow water and protection from the open ocean provided by the coral reef.
- Some guesthouses and self-catering accommodations can be found towards the east end of the beach, making this area busier than the oft-deserted west end of the beach.
- Easy-access to cars and pedestrians.
- Plenty of natural shade provides protection from the sun.
Anse Possession lies in the north-east of Praslin, in between Anse Pasiquière and Anse Petite Coeur. It offers a variety of activities, including swimming, snorkelling, and fishing, and is family-friendly too thanks to its shallow water. The bay is also protected by a coral reef, ensuring a calm ocean surface. However, during bad weather, the tide can cover the beach, making the water especially deep, and the waves can reach the nearby road. Most of the time, however, the beach is calm, safe, and beautiful. Access to the beach is easiest via car, with plenty of parking spaces available along the road that runs adjacent to the beach. There are also a number of small guesthouses and self-catering accommodations at the east-end of the beach, many of whom will serve dinner on-request. Guests of these establishments can enjoy a short walk to access the beach. Anse Possession is extremely family-friendly thanks to its shallow water and protection from the open ocean. The drop off is about 300m away from the shore, so the water is perfectly safe for even the most nervous swimmer. Besides paddling in the water, visitors can enjoy snorkelling or fishing, or simply relaxing on the beach or under the shade provided by the nearby trees. The beach as a whole has quite a few visitors, but they tend to be concentrated at the east-end of the beach, where most of the guesthouses are. There are also some local fishermen who use this end of the beach for their fishing activity, so anyone looking for a more peaceful day at the beach should stick to the west-end of the beach. Anyone coming to the beach early in the morning should be careful of stingrays in the water, as they can be potentially dangerous. A good all-rounder, with shallow water and a safe distance to the drop off, making it a great place for families or couples to enjoy the warmth of the Indian Ocean. Anse Possession is especially popular with patrons of such guesthouses as the Tropical Paradise, Hideaway Apartments, and the Sea View Lodge, all a part of our programme. Therefore, for anyone staying at one of these establishments, we’d especially recommend a trip to Anse Possession.