Beach "Petite Anse Kerlan"Praslin
The beautiful scenery, including a small offshore island, rocky formations, golden sand, and looming palm trees, makes Petite Anse Kerlan a really pleasant place to spend some time during your Seychelles holiday.
- 220m x 10m - always busy with clients of the Lemuria Resort
- Gradual increase in water depth - no seaweed
- Normal tide - small, calm waves
- Small yet animated beach thanks to the nearby resort
- Good for swimming and snorkelling
At a Glance:
- Beautiful small beach on Praslin’s north-western tip, next to the Constance Lemuria Resort.
- While the beach is relatively busy, it is almost exclusively frequented by guests of the resort.
- Ample shade provides protection from the sun.
- Snorkelling and swimming conditions are ideal, and snorkelling equipment is available for rental to guests of the resort.
- Non-residents should obtain permission if visiting the beach on-foot, as it requires crossing the private land of the resort.
Petite Anse Kerlan is located in the north-west of Praslin, right on the tip of the island. As you might expect, the larger Anse Kerlan can be found nearby, as well as the stunning Anse Georgette. This area is also home to the popular Constance Lemuria resort, and Petite Anse Kerlan is largely frequented by guests of this hotel. With shallow, calm water, and little to no seaweed, the beach here is always pleasant and safe, even for families with children. The beach can sometimes disappear at high tide, but generally this is not the case. Getting to the beach is extremely simple for the vast majority of visitors, who simply have to walk from the nearby resort to the gorgeous sand of Petite Anse Kerlan. Anyone wishing to come from further afield will find themselves to be a minority, but it is possible for non-residents to park their rental cars at the entrance to the resort. If making your way to the beach on-foot, please obtain permission from the resort staff first, as this requires crossing private property. Anyone, however, can reach the beach by boat if they so wish without obtaining permission. While small, Petite Anse Kerlan offers a number of different possibilities for a beautiful beach day, including excellent swimming and snorkelling conditions, as well as snorkelling and sailing rentals. The resort also contains shops and a restaurant, so it is possible to enjoy a stunning evening meal nearby as well. The large rocks that line the two edges of the bay, as well as the many coconut trees that hang over the sand, make for excellent photographs, and the general scenery is comparable to several other beautiful beaches in the Seychelles. If you are staying at the Lemuria resort, you will almost certainly spend at least some of your holiday on Petite Anse Kerlan. The nearby Anse Georgette is also well worth a visit thanks to its jaw-dropping beauty and incredible scenery, while the resort also offers the Seychelles’ only 18-hole golf course for anyone wanting to work on their handicap while they’re away. For everyone else, the beautiful surroundings and calm, shallow water ensure plenty of options for a brilliant day at the beach.