Beach "Anse Lazio"Praslin
The incredible mix of turquoise water, golden sand, lofty palm trees and imposing boulder formations make it one of the most beautiful beaches in the world, perfect for photos, sunbathing, swimming, and snorkelling. In fact, it’s this range of activities that makes the beach especially appealing for the Seychelles holidaymaker, as the beach offers something for everyone.
- 600m x 25m - sometimes busy; usually empty until 09.00
- Water gets deep quickly - lifeguard sometimes present
- Normal tide and waves
- Stunning beach famous for its incredible scenery
- Suitable for swimming and snorkelling - excellent for photographs
At a Glance:
- One of the most famous beaches in the Seychelles thanks to its pristine golden sand crystal-clear ocean water, and beautiful boulder formations.
- Suitable for swimming, although parents should mind their children as the water deepens quickly. There is, however, sometimes a lifeguard present.
- Three parking areas ensure easy access by car. Bus stops are a longer walk away than the car parks.
- There is a small shop and two restaurants at each end of the beach.
- Natural shade provides protection from the sun.
Anse Lazio has often been described as the most beautiful beach in the world thanks to its perfect mixture of pristine golden sand, crystal-clear water, and impressive granite formations. This reputation means it is busier than many Seychelles beaches, so anyone looking to avoid other tourists should arrive early (before 09.00) to beat the crowds. Arrival at the beach is easiest by car, with three parking areas near to the beach, behind the tree line. The closest bus stop is a little further away, although some hotels do offer shuttle services to Anse Lazio as it is so famous. For many people, the first time they see Anse Lazio, the moment takes their breath away. The perfect combination of sun, sea, and sand make it an incredible beach by anyone’s definition. There is a designated swimming area surrounded by a net which keeps fish and other creatures from disturbing swimmers, and there is often a lifeguard on-duty, ensuring visitors can feel safe while they’re in the water. The beach is also excellent for snorkelling, with great visibility in the crystal-clear water, and is equally well-suited to families thanks to the large, sandy areas where children can play. However, the water does get deep quickly, so children and unconfident swimmers should stay in the designated area and try not to stray too far from the shore. In terms of facilities, there are small shops and a few restaurants at each end of the beach where you can enjoy lunch or dinner if you wish. There is also an interesting bar called the Honesty Bar, which employs no waiters, waitresses, or barmen. Customers simply help themselves, then pay for what they took. This bar overlooks a small cove, making it a great place for a relaxing, refreshing drink or two after a day at the beach. All in all, Anse Lazio is deserving of its lofty reputation thanks to its mix of incredible beauty and wide-ranging activities and facilities. Just as Anse Source d’Argent is a ‘must-see’ on La Digue, Anse Lazio is a real ‘must-see’ for anyone spending time on Praslin. In fact, it’s little wonder that the beach was ranked the sixth best beach in the world by Tripadvisor in 2015, cementing its reputation as a world-class seaside location.