Beach "Fond de l'Anse (Grand Anse)"Praslin
Fond de l’Anse’s close proximity to numerous hotels and restaurants, as well as the village of Grande Anse, where they hold activities and events throughout the year, make it a great option for various reasons.
- 2000m x 20m - some visitors
- Shallow water - seaweed present April to October
- Some parts disappear at high tide - generally calm, small waves
- Long beach close to many hotels on Praslin
- Good for snorkelling, windsurfing, and swimming
At a Glance:
- Long, calm beach on Praslin, close to numerous hotels and resorts.
- Good for families thanks to the plentiful shade and shallow, calm water.
- Easy to reach from any of the nearby accommodations on-foot, as well as by car and bus.
- Lots of shade provides protection from the sun.
- Snorkelling and windsurfing rentals are available.
- Numerous restaurants, shops, and takeaways located nearby.
Fond de l’Anse is a long, calm beach on Praslin’s south coast, located near to the small village of Grande Anse, as well as numerous hotels, shops, and other facilities. This proximity to multiple accommodation options ensures that Fond de l’Anse is easy to reach on-foot for a number of Seychelles holidaymakers. That said, the beach is usually empty, or at least is large enough that you can always find a private spot should you want to. The beach is also accessible via rental car thanks to the many parking spaces that are located nearby, either at hotels or just next to the main road which runs along the beach further inland. Praslin’s bus service also runs along this road, so anyone who doesn’t want to rent their own car for their trip can make use of public transport instead. The beach itself offers numerous facilities to enable you to stay there all day if you want to. Besides the different accommodation options, there are also restaurants, takeaways, and shops located along the beach at various points, so you’ll always find what you’re looking for in terms of facilities and goods. Fond de l’Anse is also a great beach for different activities, including snorkelling, windsurfing, and swimming, and there are also snorkelling and windsurfing rentals available from some of the nearby establishments. Fond de l’Anse offers plenty to merit a visit, including close proximity to hotels, easy-access. and various facilities. That said, it manages to avoid the pitfalls of some of the other Seychelles beaches by remaining uncrowded and untouched much of the time, making it ideal for anyone looking for an exciting, activity-heavy beach, as well as privacy and relaxation.