Beach "Anse Union"La Digue
The crystal-clear, shallow water and the reef protection making it the perfect place for snorkelling fans.
- 300m x 2m - normally empty
- Shallow water - about 1m deep at high tide
- Normal tide - small waves
- Family-friendly beach that’s perfect for snorkelling
- Great for swimming, snorkelling, and windsurfing
At a Glance:
- Family-friendly beach with small waves, shallow water, and very weak currents.
- Protection from the ocean is provided by the coral reef, making it even safer for families and children.
- Access via the Union Estate for 100 Rupees per day.
- Natural shade provides protection from the sun.
- Shops and facilities available in the nearby village, about 5 minutes away.
Anse Union, as you might expect, is located in the Union Estate in the west of La Digue. This beach offers pristine sand, shallow, clear water, and coral reef protection, making it an excellent beach for families who want to enjoy the sand while being sure of their children’s safety. As it is located in the Union Estate, visitors must pay an entrance fee of 100 Seychelles Rupees each day they enter the estate, although this fee is well-worth what you can enjoy in the estate. This also means that, for the few people who manage to secure access to a car, there is parking available. Alternatively, guests can come on-foot or by bike. The beach itself offers shallow, crystal-clear water, as well as views of Anse Source d’Argent and sunsets over Praslin, so it has something for everyone. In fact, the beach is probably the perfect place to learn how to snorkel, as the water is particularly clear and shallow, and the beach is protected from the ocean by a coral reef. Anse Union is also extremely family-friendly, for many of the same reasons as above, so we’d recommend it to anyone bring children along on their Seychelles holiday. Anse Union may be less famous than some of its neighbouring beaches, but it’s a safe, beautiful beach in its own right, with plenty of interesting features to offer visitors.